I’ve been totally obsessed with the Sophia Webster butterfly heels for YEARS now; if you haven’t seen them I linked her stunning shoes here. So much so that I’ve actually DIY-ed two different sets in the past year, shown below and linked here and here.
When I saw these Phoenix heels I just HAD to give it my all!!!! (Orly Shani killed this DIY and I got the got the idea to use brads vs studs from her.)
I think my result came out pretty freakin fabulous if you ask me!!!
Instructional tutorial below!
What You Will Need:
- Heels with backing: Any heels with a backing to attach the butterflies to will work! The heels I purchased are Chinese laundry., linked here.
- Vinyl Fabric: Purchased at Joanne Fabric.
- Acrylic paints: To detail the wings
- Cricut: Used to cut vinyl fabric. (You may also just use scissors like I did in my last video!)
- E6000 glue: Purchased at Michaels, linked here.
- Gems/rhinestones and wax pencil: I used an assortment of small accent hot fix jewels linked here.
- Awl: To poke holes in the back of your shoe.
- Brads: Purchased at Joann Fabric. Purchase either large or small depending on how obvious you want the ‘studs’ to look.
- Moleskin: To protect your heels from the inside of the brads.