Last year for Halloween I DIY-ed Lady Gaga’s iconic Super Bowl 51 Halftime Show outfit, linked here. I had so much fun with this look that I just HAD to create another Gaga inspired costume. This year I created the infamous ‘Meat Dress’ Lady Gaga wore to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.
Dressing up as Lady Gaga is extra fun for me because 1. I admire her not only as an artist but human being in general….ANDDD 2. I often have people tell me I actually look like Lady Gaga!!
Full instructional video below!
What you Will Need:
- Corset: I purchased from Amazon, linked.
- ‘Meat’ fabric: I ordered a shower curtain from walmart, linked.
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks:My mini hot pink glue gun from Michaels, linked here. Glue sticks linked.
- Heels: Any platform / heeled ankle boot will really do.
- Butcher string: to tie around shoes
- Glitter Ribbon: I Purchased at Hobby Lobby
- E6000 Craft Glue: Purchased at Michaels.
- Silver jewel assortment: Purchased from Michael’s for my Lady Gaga Costume, linked here.
- Craft Syringes: Purchased on Amazon, linked here. They are a GAME CHANGER.
- Blue Hair Dye: I purchased mine on Amazon, linked.
PS: No animals were hurt in the making of this costume!!!
Till next time fellow tropics, Stay Fabulous xx