My friends hosted a ‘Taylor Swift’ themed party and you know I had to create a DIY costume for he occasion!! I chose to recreate Taylor Swift’s iconic cheerleading uniform from her ‘Shake it Off’ music video!!.. and I did so by upcycling my MIDDLE SCHOOL CHEERLEADING UNIFORM!!!!
Instructional tutorial below!
What you will Need:
- Cheerleading uniform: I used my freakin original middle school cheer outfit… BUT if you don’t happen to have this fit laying around I have linked a similar uniform top here and skirt here.
- Yellow and blue ribbon: I recommend going to a craft store and sizing it out: pick a blue ribbon slightly thicker than your yellow (I used a sparkly version for mine which I found at Hobby Lobby).
- Glue gun and glue sticks: My mini hot pink glue gun from Michaels, linked here. Glue sticks linked.
- Fabric Glue
- E6000 Craft Glue: Purchased at Michaels.
- Craft Syringes: Purchased on Amazon, linked here. They are a GAME CHANGER.
- Optional: Yellow Jewels
Till next time fellow tropics!