I’ve been totally obsessed with the Sophia Webster butterfly heels for YEARS now; if you haven’t seen them I linked her stunning shoes here. As absolutely GORGEOUS as these heels are I just couldn’t justify spending this type of cash for a pair of shoes… So here goes my first ever DESIGNER DIY!!!
I combed the internet to see if this had been done before and only a few people have ever attempted them, some succesfully some unsuccessfully.. challenge accepted!! (Orly Shani killed this DIY and I got the got the idea to use brads vs studs from her.)
I think my result came out pretty freakin fabulous if you ask me!!!
What You Will Need:
- Heels with backing: Any heels with a backing to attach the butterflies to will work! The heels I purchased are from Amazon, linked here.
- Vinyl Fabric: I found mine in the Cosplay section of Joann Fabric! I recommend going into a fabric store and checking them out for yourself, you want to use a material that is study enough to stand up straight!
- Scissors, paper, and pen: for Butterfly pattern
- E6000 glue: Purchased at Michaels, linked here.
- Gems/rhinestones and wax pencil: I used an assortment of small accent hot fix jewels linked here.
- Awl: To poke holes in the back of your shoe.
- Brads: Purchased at Joann Fabric. Purchase either large or small depending on how obvious you want the ‘studs’ to look.
- Moleskin: To protect your heels from the inside of the brads.
FULL TUTORIAL VIDEO BELOW!
Till next time fellow tropics!!