I’m currently super into DIY-ing using old clothes I already own; it’s such a fun and inexpensive way to upgrade your wardrobe!!!! In the following video I am going to show you exactly how I upcycled an old pair of heels and purse into tropical statement pieces! I tried out two techniques for this project and I’ll give you guys my honest review!! Using the techniques shown, the possibilities are endless here: you can use any fabric for any wedge heel or purse!
What You Will Need:
- Shoes of choice: I used old pair of cork wedges that were handed down to me. (I’m not sure where they were originally purchased!)
- Purse of choice: I used an old cross body purse from Marshalls
- Accent fabric of choice: I used a tropical print dress from Forever 21.
- Pre-cut cowrie shells: I had these from a previous DIY post. I originally purchased from Amazon linked here.
- E6000 glue: Purchased at Michaels, linked here.
- Modge Podge: There are a tonsss of different Modge Podges out there, for this project I used the ‘dishwasher safe’ version.
- Acrylic round brush /or Poly Brush: For applying the Modge Podge, linked here.
- Glue gun and glue sticks: My mini hot pink glue gun from Michaels, linked here. Glue sticks linked.
- Exacto knife
- Accent trim: (I was originally going to use this then pivoted.) This multi-color rhinestone trim was purchased from ‘Target Trim’ linked here. (This was recommended to me by the DIY Designer, Orly Shani, she’s fabulous!!!!)
Till next time fellow tropics! 🌴