I have posted a few tutorials on bedazzling using the Hot Fix method as well as the trusty hot glue gun. Hot Fix is great for fastening jewels securely to fabric and the hot glue gun is perfect for harder surfaces… however both are SUPER time consuming. I figured there HAD to be a better way to cover larger surfaces…and guys the e6000 glue is the answer!!! This stuff RULES; its quick, easy, and like it REALLY lives up to its claim of ‘industrial strength’… I was whipping the sneakers around my house while filming a reel for instagram and NOT ONE JEWEL FELL OFF!!!!
In the following video I’m going to show you exactly how I created my bedazzled baseball hat and sneaker set
What you will Need:
- Baseball hat: Similar item to mine linked here.
- Sneakers of your choice: I used a pair of chunky Fila’s!
- E6000 glue: Purchased at Michaels, I prefer the smaller ‘single use’ tubes, linked here.
- Purple and Silver jewel assortment: Purchased from Michael’s for my Lady Gaga Costume, linked here.
- Smaller detail jewels: (Used for Palm tree and Fila Logo). I used the smaller detail jewels from my previously owned Hot Fix Kit, linked here. For more info check out my full post on Hot Fix linked here.
- Old Paint Brushes: Used for spreading the glue.
- Wax Pencil: Used to place the jewels, linked in my above Hot Fix kit!
Is there anything else you want to see me bedazzle!? Leave a comment below and I’ll do my very best to make it happen!! 💎
Till next time fellow tropics! 💎