Let’s talk ~Chia Seeds~ first of all they are PACKED with nutrients. If you are new to incorporating chia seeds into your diet, the ‘Chia Seed Pudding’ is a great place to start! There are tons of variations on this treat (I won’t bore you with the details now, more to follow after the recipe below).
I developed this aptly names ‘Blue Hawaiian’ Chia Seed Pudding recipe as a perfect ‘no-bake’ breakfast OR a simple healthy snack! NOT ONLY is it super pretty to look at…. it’s easy, healthy, delicious, and will give you ~all the tropical vibes~ 🌴
The Blue Hawaiian Chia Seed Pudding
|🍍🔵Blue Hawaiian Chia Seed Pudding🔵🍍|
🕐 Prep Time: Minimum 2 hours in the fridge
🍴 Yields: 1 serving
|3 tbsps chia seeds|
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 tbsp honey
1 tsp Ocean Blend Unicorn Superfoods
Handful chopped pineapples
Handful chopped mangos
Sprinkle of coconut flakes
|1. Pour milk, chia seeds, and honey into mason jar and mix well.|
2. Let chia seeds settle for 2 minutes and repeat- this will reduce clumping together in the fridge.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight for best results.
4. Remove from fridge and stir in Ocean Blend Unicorn Superfoods.
5. Add desired amount of pineapples, mangos, and coconut flakes!
Best if eaten right away 🙂
|**You want the chia seed mixture to be thick! If it’s not thick enough add in a tablespoon more chia seeds and leave in the fridge for another half hour or so. **|
- You can substitute coconut milk for almond, cashew or other milk of choice! A full fat can of coconut milk will be the creamiest!
- You can switch up the toppings in so many ways- for example add granola or additional fruit like kiwis and strawberries!
- You can substitute honey for agave or other sweetener to go vegan.
- I personally like using frozen fruit for an extra cold crunch!
- Try different Unicorn Superfood blends as desired!
For similar healthy breakfast/ snack alternatives, check out my Tropical Acai Bowl post linked here.
Till next time fellow tropics! 🍍