Are you ready for some football!?
Patriots games are a BIG deal in my household… like taking special shots and lighting off a mini cannon for every touchdown scored kind of deal… and no I’m not kidding…
I’ll say more on our Patriots games in a future post!
And what’s more fun than hanging with your friends and family, rooting on your team, and munching on some bomb apps!? I have prepared for you all an easy and delicious game-day app using Unicorn Superfoods, linked here! And let’s be clear, this doesn’t need to be limited to Patriots games alone!! This could be a patriotic 4th of July app or you could even mix together other superfood powder color combos for your team of choice!!
|🏈Game Day Hummus and Pita Chips🏈|
🕐 Prep and cook Time: About 30 minutes
🍴 Yields: About 5-7 servings
1 pack of Pita Bread slices
Olive oil spray
1-Oz Can of chickpeas while holding 1/4 cup of the chickpea liquid
1.5 garlic cloves, chopped
2.5 tbsp tahini**
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 tbsp water
1 tsp Ocean Blend Unicorn Superfoods
1.2 tsp Beauty Blend Unicorn Superfoods
**Trader Joe’s brand tahini is lighter in color than the other brands I’ve tried and heps the Unicorn Superfoods pigments to show up better!**
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut pita bread into preferred shape, do not separate the layers.
I used football and star shaped cookie cutters to stay on theme!!
3. Lay pita bread shapes on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Lightly spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle garlic powder and ground pepper as desired.
4. Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until crispy!!
1. Add chickpeas as well as reserved liquid from the can, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and water into the food processor. Blend for about 20-30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
2. Separate mixture in half into two different mixing bowls. Add “Blue” Ocean Blend to the first bowl and “Red” Beauty Blend Unicorn Superfoods to the other. Stir in powders and hand mix, adding more powder until desired color is reached.
3. Spoon each color into serving dish, alternating in a spiral motion (see video).
Optional: I spelled out “PATS” to represent my favorite football team!!
|Best if served within an hour after preparing!|
Don’t have the Unicorn Superfoods? The hummus recipe alone is tried and true and always a crowd pleaser!! (I have not tried it yet but I assume food coloring with have a similar effect too!) I however personally love the added taste the Unicorn Superfoods add to the dish!!
Featured with and without that extra ~sugar and spice~
Till next time fellow tropics!! 🏈