If you know me you know I’ll find a way to add some tropical flair into any situation… so why not add some flamingos into your Halloween decor!? (This is not my first ‘lawn flamingo’ craft: I’ll link my flamingo lamps and flamingo planter here.)
In this post I’ll show you exactly how to make the super cute and extra spooky…
Corny enough name for you…!?
What you will need:
- Lawn flamingos- I ordered a pack of two because I like how they look in pairs! I specifically looked for a set with a smooth exterior to make the painting easier, linked on Amazon here.
- Black Spray Paint– I used my favorite brand Krylon, in a flat black linked here.
- Acrylic round brush– I usually get my brushes from Michaels or Amazon. A selection of small to medium brushes are essential for different designs, linked here
- White Acrylic Paint– I get most of mine at Michael’s (and when in doubt Amazon). There are so many brands out there- I find “Crafts Smart” and “Deco Art” to be some of my favorites. An array of Michaels acrylic paints linked here.
- Spray-on Lacquer– Choose a coating that is durable, sprays on clear, and is good for outdoor/indoor finish. The one I bought from Lowes is linked here.
- Spray paint entire flamingo black.
- Paint white acrylic ‘bones.’
- Spray entire flamingo with protective lacquer.
Till next time fellow tropics! 🦩 💀
Here are the lawn flamingo lamps I made a few months ago, full post linked here.